Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 00:14:35 -0400
From:      "kmays" <kmays@email.msn.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Use 4.0-STABLE or 5.0-CURRENT?

I started talking about the new way to tell about versioning and remember
how current is noted by the "5.0-yyyymmdd-CURRENT".

Question #1: Should be use v4.0-STABLE for production and
5.0-20000625-CURRENT for new development/testing??

Question#2: What is the latest 4.0-yyyymmdd-STABLE version as of today and
where is it usually located?!? Is there a place to get the ISO image or can
a request to make a weekly or monthly version of it possible?!? I only saw
4.0-20000307-CURRENT

I think this is where people are getting confused (if not somewhere else).
I'm thinking to just use 5.0-CURRENT since it makes sense for bug tracking
and new development. Otherwise, if its not broke then don't mess with it or
use FreeBSD v4.0-RELEASE. Period!

Ken