Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 19:20:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: www/38664: Stale info about Java due to be released in FreeB

The following reply was made to PR www/38664; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To: Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, bod@FreeBSDFoundation.org
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 19:19:14 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi Jun,

 > Is there any progress report about this topic?
 >

 > At Tue, 28 May 2002 08:46:10 -0700 (PDT),
 > Brian Candler wrote:
 >> http://www.freebsd.org/java/
 >>
 >> says that the Java JDK and JRE should be available "for inclusion with
 >> the upcoming release of FreeBSD 4.5 in January, 2002".
 >>
 >> I suggest that this is either replaced with an up-to-date status
 >> report (what happened to this anyway?) or else just be removed.

 Not really.  The Java team is still working on making the JDK pass
 all of the compliance tests.  I don't know how much is still left to
 do.  Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com> might be able to give you
 more information.  He is working on the compliance testing.

 John