Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 08:30:18 -0800
From:      "John M. Purser" <jpurser@wilcofarmers.com>
To:        "'Capriotti'" <capriotti@geocities.com>, "FreeBSD Newbies (E-mail)" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: John's Progress Report - The Saga Continues

Please note that I stated my preference was based solely on my ignorance of vi.
 I've used vi and read chunks of the man pages.  It is an impressive program
and I'm sure if I used it daily I'd come to appreciate it's brutally curt
command structure.  But to get work done now/today/real-time this newbie needs
an editor that I can use without having another virtual terminal tuned into the
man page!

And there's no point in starting holy/flame wars in this mailing list.  We're
newbies and won't understand what you're babbling about anyway!

:-)

John Purser