Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 18:36:56 -0700
From:      James Long <list@museum.rain.com>
To:        "Christopher J. Umina" <FJU@Fritzilldo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSH Java Applet

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 08:07:49PM -0700, Christopher J. Umina wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I'm restricting telnet access to my server, but it's a webserver and
> many people need to use it.  The problem is that they don't have SSH
> clients.  Is there any type of Java applet that will run an SSH client so
> people can connect to the server without installing programs?

You don't state the platform that "people" use, but if it's a Redmond
product, putty.exe is probably the leanest and meanest ssh client out
there.  It doesn't require installation per se, but you do have to
download the executable to run it.  The only registry entries it makes
are the RSA keys of known hosts.