Date:      Mon, 4 May 1998 16:46:58 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@pmr.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
Cc:        questions list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Xlib: Maximum number of clients reached

On Mon, May 04, 1998 at 02:13:14PM -0700, Doug White wrote:
> On Sat, 2 May 1998, Bob Willcox wrote:
>
> > What can I do to overcome this limit?  It appears to occur when
> > I attempt to start up more than about 50 X clients.  Is there a
> > configuration parameter somewhere that I can increase?
>
> That's an XFree86 issue. I assume there is a knob in the XFree86 Makefile
> for the system or XLib that you can tune.  You'll have to check with them
> though.

Yes, I suspect so (that's its an XFree86 issue).  I tried posting to the
comp.windows.x.i386unix but received no response so I thought I would
try here.  Surly, others have been hampered by this limit?

--
Bob Willcox                   The husband who doesn't tell his wife everything
bob@luke.pmr.com              probably reasons that what she doesn't know won't