Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 2010 21:08:50 -0400
From:      Jimmie James <jimmiejaz@gmail.com>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, wblock@wonkity.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: xf86-video-ati-6.13.0 update to 6.13.2?

>>> Please don't send image attachments to the mailing lists.  Having said
>>> that, it looks bad.
>>>
>>> Comparing your xorg.conf to the sample at
>>> http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/radeon/x1650/xorg.conf might reveal
>>> something useful.
>>>
>> Have compared it and some settings tested, but doesn't help.

> Well, there are the standard tricks.  Disable composite, maybe disable acceleration even though it should work.
>
> The card works in other operating systems, right?

I also have the same issue, and updated this ati driver.

pciconf:
ATI RADEON X300/X550/X1050 Series (RV370)
dmesg |grep vga:
vgapci0: <VGA-compatible display> port 0x9800-0x98ff mem
0xd8000000-0xdfffffff,0xffa20000-0xffa2ffff irq 16 at device 0.0 on pci1
drm0: <ATI Radeon RV370 X300 SE> on vgapci0
vgapci0: child drm0 requested pci_enable_busmaster
vgapci1: <VGA-compatible display> mem 0xffa30000-0xffa3ffff at device
0.1 on pci1
vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem 0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0

http://pastebin.com/pvgj9NLt xorg.conf  (with ati commented out, using
vesa at the moment)
http://pastebin.com/ZpJgbLpi Xorg.log.0
http://i.imgur.com/S1aCb.png  screen and font corruption while using the
ATI driver, which happens at all resolutions and depths.

The previous version of Xorg worked perfectly with this card/setup. and
there's no evidence using any liveCD with an ATI driver.

P.S Sorry if I missed anyone on the C.C.