Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 10:05:29 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        "JINMEI Tatuya / ?$B?@L@C#:H?(B" <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: getaddrinfo and the UNIX domain

On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 12:07:35PM +0900, JINMEI Tatuya / ?$B?@L@C#:H?(B wrote:
> By the way, in my understanding, if getaddrinfo supported PF_UNIX, it
> would take the filename as its 1st argument:
>
>          getaddrinfo("/tmp/some-socket", NULL, &hints, &res);

In the absence of any standard, I think either way could be argued.
For example, as a counter argument,

   The address parameter specifies a machine or network interface,
   and in the local domain one there is only one possible machine.
   Therefore, the address parameter should be NULL, and the service
   parameter specifies the `port' or `SAP'.

--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org