Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 1998 17:00:09 -0500
From:      Ryan or Elsie <ryan904@netgsi.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ryan904@netgsi.com
Subject:   maxima

Hello,

Where can I get maxima (a large computer algebra system for symbolic and
numerical computations)?

I find it listed (maxima-5.0 in the math category) on page 1649 in
Appendix D (Contents of the Ports Collection) in "The Complete FreeBSD"
by Greg Lehey, but I can't find maxima on the 2.2.7 cdrom set.

I am a new user of FreeBSD (I have the 2.2.7 cdrom set and the latest
edition of "The Complete FreeBSD" by Greg Lehey.) so I am probably
overlooking something elementary.

Can you tell me where to find "maxima" on the 2.2.7 cdrom set, or tell
me how to port it over the internet?

Thanks,
Ryan Pierson