Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:41:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jason Hunt <leth@primus.ca>
To:        Gustaf Erikson <gustafe@home.se>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XF86-4 on TP560?

NOTE: I have CC'd the -mobile list for archival purposes.  My appologies
if this message was intended to be private.

On 28 Oct 2002, Gustaf Erikson wrote:

> I haven't followed this thread as I've recently subscribed. But FWIW,
> I've a IBM ThinkPAD 560X running 4.7-STABLE with XFree86 version
> 4.2.0.
>
> The only problem I have (except for the mystery that is
> backspace-delete behaviour) is that mouse presses are not detected
> until the pointer is moved.
>
> E-mail me if you want config files or more info.

That's interesting.  I have not tried XFree86-4 since 4.2.0 was released.
Could you please send me your XF86Config?  Which card do you have?  Mine
has a Triden 9660 (I think).  My problem was always with getting the modes
for the 800x600 resolution.

What is this backspace/delete problem?  Do you mean with xterm?  I assume
you have an international keyboard, correct?  I have never used one, so I
can't give much insight there.  You might want to look at your keymap in
both the console and X.  Check out the manpages for 'kbdmap', 'setxkbmap'
and 'xkb'.  Console maps are located in /usr/share/syscons/keymaps and can
be set with the 'keymap' variable in /etc/rc.conf  X maps are located in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb and can be set in the XF86Config using Keyboard
Options.

As for the mouse problem, I have never heard of anything like that before.