Date:      Tue, 08 Apr 2008 14:50:31 +0800
From:      blue <susan.lan@zyxel.com.tw>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   [ipsec] bug report: possible memory overwrite for IPv6 IPsec

Dear all:

struct secashead defined in keydb.h line 89:

/* Security Association Data Base */
struct secashead {
    LIST_ENTRY(secashead) chain;

    struct secasindex saidx;

    struct secident *idents;    /* source identity */
    struct secident *identd;    /* destination identity */
                    /* XXX I don't know how to use them. */

    u_int8_t state;            /* MATURE or DEAD. */
    LIST_HEAD(_satree, secasvar) savtree[SADB_SASTATE_MAX+1];
                    /* SA chain */
                    /* The first of this list is newer SA */

    struct route sa_route;        /* route cache */
};

The last field "sa_route" is "struct route", whose space is not enough
for IPv6 address. However, in ipsec6_output_tunnel() in ipsec_output.c,
the field could possibly be assigned with an IPv6 address.

My suggestion is to enlarge the field as struct route_in6, which could
accommodate both IPv4 and IPv6 address.

BR,
blue