Date:      Sat, 22 Aug 2015 15:44:46 -0500
From:      Bill Sorenson <instructionset@gmail.com>
To:        Justin Hibbits <jrh29@alumni.cwru.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>, miltoncsl <miltoncsl@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.2 freezes in my PowerMac G5 Late 2005!

I own 3 G5s, 2 water cooled 2.5GHz ones and an air cooled 2.0. My air
cooled one has had motherboard issues, replaced it twice. The system will
freeze and the fans will ramp up to full. Sometimes it will boot and only
find 1 CPU. I believe it to be a problem with the north bridge chip.

In short, I'd see how it runs under OS X or Debian for a day or 2 before
you decide it's a FreeBSD issue if you haven't yet done so.