Date:      Sun, 23 Aug 1998 21:47:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pciconf

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Chuck Robey had
to walk into mine and say:

> While investigating pci stuff (for an audio driver) I saw a man page for
> pciconf.  It says that there's a -l option, so I tried that, as both a
> regular user and root, and both times I got:
>
> picnic:/usr2/chuckr:55 >pciconf -l
> pciconf: ioctl(PCIOCGETCONF): Operation not supported by device

It looks like somebody put a nice bit #ifdef NOTYET around the
PCIOCGETCONF case in the ioctl routine in /sys/pci/pci.c. The CAM
snapshot that I've been using doesn't have this.

I don't know why the code is turned off. It looks as though the
other cases should work though.

-Bill