Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 1996 14:06:46 +0100
From:      Simon Marlow <simonm@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ok, look folks

Chuck Robey writes:

> [...]  All I ever had to do was mail majordomo for the
> list of users of the list they wanted off of, then find an address that
> looked close, and show it to them.  They then happily thank me, and
> unsubscribe themselves. [...]

It's not always that simple: for instance, my email address changed a
few years ago from simonm@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk to simonm@dcs.gla.ac.uk,
and it was impossible to send mail that appeared to come from the
original address.  Hence I was stuck on several mailing lists with no
way to unsubscribe.

> Telling them how to forge mail won't help anything.

You're absolutely right, and my message was intended to be slightly
tongue-in-cheek.  Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
	Simon

--
Simon Marlow						 simonm@dcs.gla.ac.uk