Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:21:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Scott Flatman <sf@aracnet.com>
To:        Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>, "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>, Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>, Bill Paul <wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dc driver and underruns (was: Strangeness with 4.0-S)

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Stephen McKay wrote:

> place.  I suspect an interaction between the ATA driver and VIA chipsets,
> because other than the network, that's all that is operating when I see
> the underruns.  And my Celeron with a ZX chipset is immune.

I've noticed this on a VIA chipset machine. It also has ATA drives.
It's running 5.0-current from 7/10. I have an HX chipset machine
running -current from 7/10, same card, ATA drives, no error. A BX
chipset machine running -current cooked today, same card, SCSI drives,
no error.

Just a few more data points.

Scott