Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 1997 07:54:03 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to export directory with subdirs

> > What I want to do is
> >
> > 	mount server:/var/spool/pcnfs/hostx /anywhere
> >
> > without changing /etc/exports.
>
> Let me correct this to
>
> /var/spool/pcnfs -alldirs
>
> That may more closely match the desired behavior, based on what I can
> glean from the exports(5) manpage.

That's what I have thought also. But this line gives me:

Feb  5 07:45:22 3D:bali mountd[5759]: Could not remount /var/spool/pcnfs: Invalid argument
Feb  5 07:45:22 3D:bali mountd[5759]: Bad exports list line /var/spool/pcnfs -alldirs

And when reading the manual page:

     pace.  The second is to specify the pathname of the root of the filesys-
     tem followed by the -alldirs flag; this form allows the host(s) to mount

I have to specify the root of the filesystem.
So I would have to use

/var	-alldirs

which is NOT what I want. The PCs should not be able to mount
the whole /var FS.

	-Andre