Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 21:58:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Coming out

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> While we are in the topic of advertising FreeBSD,
> http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/
> Topic: Could You get Fired for Chosing Linux
>
> Feel to "Fire" at Berst it looks like he honestly is begging for it .
>
> It is time to take this show on the road 8)

That guy's a total idiot.  IIRC, he once touted the wonders of
NetMedic.  In today's article he recommends dumping your ISP if
you have trouble loading web pages, yeah 404 errors are always on
the requesting side, and if your email isn't delivered within
five minutes.  /Every/ complaint of slow delivery I have
investigated has been because the other end refused the
connection (usually AOL, go figure) or it was delivered within
seconds but the other end, more often than not a national
provider or RBOC, took hours to make it available to their
customer.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null