Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 2009 18:29:56 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
To:        Mark Murray <markm@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "current@freebsd.org" <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Build is polluted by host build environment.

On Jun 14, 2009, at 1:21 AM, Mark Murray wrote:

> Marcel Moolenaar writes:
>> cc_tools is supposed to use /usr/include when it's building the cross
>> tools, so your email does not demonstrate a problem per se.
>
> I said in the original email that the building was fine for all the
> tools stuff, and that the failure occurred once the "real" build got
> under way.

Ok. But still, cc_tools builds programs that run on the host
and as such *must* use headers in /usr/include. The GCC
build is too convoluted to state that the observed breakage
is a problem or that it isn't a problem without detailed
analysis of what was being built and how it's used.

> If you look at the patch I supplied, you'll see that I only break
> /usr/include once the tools are done.

Unfortunately that is not exactly true.

> Having done that, the real build proceeds, and breaks in cc_tools for
> the reason stated. Full build log available on request.

Please make the full logs available somewhere.

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt@mac.com