Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 1995 12:29:36 -0700
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com>
To:        "Jeffrey D. Dean ROOT" <root@jd-unix.wpafb.af.mil>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IPX/SPX mounting in FreeBSD 2.0R (fwd)

In message <Pine.BSF.3.91.950612150739.2567A-100000@jd-unix.wpafb.af.mil>, "Jef
frey D. Dean ROOT" writes:
>	I am running a 486DX50 with a MSDOS partition and a FreeBSD
>partition. I spend most of my day in unix. Sometimes I will be
>asked to change a password on a Novell NetWare Server 3.21. I am then
>forced to reboot my system, and utilize the MSDOS partition just
>so that I can execute "LSL, SMC8000, IPXODI, & NETX" to mount a
>netware drive. If their is a way that I can mount a Netware drive
>in FreeBSD, I would be able to skip this lengthly process.

FreeBSD can mount Novell partitions, but only if you have the NFS NLM
loaded on the servers :-(

There is experimental IPX support available if you ask the right
people (I believe I have it in my inbox somewhere), but for routing
only. Mounting Novell volumes is REALLY nasty, as I'm not sure if the
entire negotiation sequence is published anywhere, and if it is, how
easy it would be to adapt to *BSD usage.

However, mounting the volumes isn't the problem - if I remember right
the entire password thing is done through special packet types :-(

Gary