Date:      Sat, 05 Sep 1998 03:44:58 +0800
From:      kwanalex <kwanalex@hkstar.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Please help! I can't dialup to my ISP

Hi!

I can't dialup to my ISP, please give me some hints to
solve the problem. Informations are as follow:

alex# ppp
Working in interactive mode.
Using interface tun0
ppp ON alex>dial hkstar
Dial attempt 1 of 1
Phone: 30062500
dial OK!
login OK!
ppp ON alex>Packet Mode
ppp ON alex>

the prompt (ppp) have not changed to upper case PPP, also when I ping
the DNS (202.82.1.1) of ISP, the following message shown:
Warning: ping: Invalid Command
Warning: ping: Failed.

ppp.conf is:
deault:
I USE THE SAMPLE

hkstar:
   set phone 30062500
  set login "TIMEOUT 5 ogin:-ogin: myname word: myword"
  set timeout 120
  set ifaddr 0 0
 add 0 0 HISADDR

and the ppp.linkup is:
hkstar:
delete ALL
add 0 0 HISADDR

Sorry this mail is too long, but I am afraid that I was missed
something.

Regards,
ALEX