Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 17:27:20 +0200
From:      Pierre Beyssac <pb@fasterix.freenix.org>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>, John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        rb@gid.co.uk, jdp@polstra.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spurious SIGXCPU

On Wed, Jun 10, 1998 at 05:16:55PM +0200, Eivind Eklund wrote:
> Hourly ntpdate's?  I'd suspect that more than xntpd/timed, which (at
> least xntpd) use adjtime(), which cannot create negative times.

Xntpd can make negative time steps, when it feels like it's too
much out of sync. For example, when you're on a dialup connection
(which is my case).

Apparently that was the culprit in my case. Stopping xntpd allowed
me to make two make worlds in a row, and counting.
--
Pierre Beyssac	      pb@fasterix.frmug.org pb@fasterix.freenix.org
{Free,Net,Open}BSD, Linux : il y a moins bien, mais c'est plus cher