Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:39:00 -0500
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml.ventu@flashnet.it>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Two ISP connections

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 02:24:31PM -0500, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> I have a server with two ISP connections: a flat ADSL with an ISP and pay-per-traffic HDSL with another.
> I'd like to use ADSL whenever possible, but switch to HDSL in case the first line drops.

I don't know of anything published that does this, but it's easy to
write a perl or shell script that pings the router at the adsl isp
and does the necessary things when it disappears and reappears.  You
start it from /usr/local/etc/rc.d (Hint - use nohup to keep it running).

Without getting much fancier than is reasonable, existing connections
will be dropped at switchovers.

I have a script that does similar things running here; email me if you
want it.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.