Date:      Sat, 27 Feb 1999 10:45:08 +1100
From:      Eddie Irvine <eirvine@tpgi.com.au>
To:        "stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   2.8 kernel - new build won't boot.

Hi,

My freebsd proxy server crashed for the second time ever - so I
thought I'd do a cvsup and recompile/reinstall the kernel.

All went well till reboot:

The kernel refused to load, stating that the bad block table or
something was in an invalid format (I should have written this
down - but I expected not to fix it and it was late).

Using fixit mode, I fsck'd the disk partitions, but no luck. I then
removed the new kernel and copied across the old, and up she
came.

Any ideas? Perhaps my IDE disk really is on the way out?

Eddie.