Date:      Thu, 6 Aug 2009 08:15:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Sean C. Farley" <scf@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org, Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Subject:   Re: nspluginwrapper patch for testing

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Tijl Coosemans wrote:

> On Thursday 06 August 2009 12:14:10 Boris Samorodov wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:59:21 +0200 Tijl Coosemans wrote:
>>> Can this be committed before the 8.0 ports freeze?
>>
>> According to the list this solution appears to be helpful,
>> so the answer is "yes" (or rather "should").
>>
>> Can you provide a commit log?
>
> Limit the stack size for plugins. Linux glibc threading behaves
> slightly differently with a smaller stack size and the Flash plugins
> rely on this behaviour.
>
> Suggested by:   dchagin
> Patch by:       nox

Also, it helps for running Google Earth.  Until I limited the stack size
for it, it would crash if I zoomed in too close to the Earth.  It still
crashes for me when exiting Google Earth, but I am able to live with
that.  This is when running on i386 7-STABLE with the Nvidia driver
v185.18.29.

Sean
--
scf@FreeBSD.org