Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:50:51 +0200
From:      Espen Skoglund <esk@ira.uka.de>
To:        Henri-Pierre CHARLES <Henri-Pierre.Charles@prism.uvsq.fr>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Build cross gcc i386 -> ia64

[Henri-Pierre CHARLES]
> Hello,
> I'm trying to build a cross environment on an i386 platform, for an
> ia64 target. I plan to use ski.

> I try to start with a gcc 3.2.

> binutils 2.12 build and install correctly
> gcc build correctly, but I can't build libgcc.

> Is somewhere a patch or a port for gcc-ia64 on FreeBSD ?
> (I run 4.6-STABLE from yerterday if it's important)

If you're going to do FreeBSD stuff on ia64 I would suggest running a
normal buildworld (with TARGET_ARCH=ia64) on the -CURRENT sources.
This will include also building the cross compiler necessary for
creating the ia64 binaries.

If you're not doing FreeBSD work or if you for some reason want to
have a freestanding cross compiler, you could look in

   http://i30www.ira.uka.de/~skoglund/devel/

where you'll find binutils and gcc ports for ia64-elf.

	eSk