Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2000 20:05:32 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Gary T. Corcoran" <gcorcoran@lucent.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to get multiple PCI I/O base addresses in attach()?

In message <38ED30E5.CA9D9578@lucent.com> "Gary T. Corcoran" writes:
: #define NdisRawReadPortUchar( _port, _ptr)  *(_ptr) = inb((_port))

Yes.  The bus_space_handle_t that rman_get_bushandle returns on the
i386 is the portnumber in I/O space.  However, you'll need a separate
one for each of them since you don't know where the bios is going to
map the areas relative to one another.

: for x86 machines, the "handle" is, effectively, really the I/O base address.

Yes.

: As long as I stick to x86 machines, do you see any problem in doing this?

As long as they don't cahnge too much, you should be OK at this.

Warner