Date:      Mon, 04 Feb 2002 15:44:36 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@digisle.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth stack for FreeBSD (full status)

Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> More distant goal is to write support for Service Discovery Protocol
> (SDP) and RFCOMM protocol (serial port emulation over Bluetooth link).

FWIW:

The SDP is based on SLP; the Salutation Consortium (also
with major support from IBM) has several implementations
of this, and there are a couple of public implementations
as well, including a mesh-enabled DA.  If you search for
"Service Location Protocol" on the web, you should find
most of these.

I haven't really taken an active interest in BlueTooth,
since there are no laptops or printers that come with
it already present; I rather think it will end up as
still-born because of 802.11e Gigabit wireless, which
can use as little or less power.

-- Terry