Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 2003 16:33:27 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
Cc:        Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 43096 for review

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 02:04:27PM -0800, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 14:03, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> > http://perforce.freebsd.org/chv.cgi?CH=43096
> >
> > Change 43096 by marcel@marcel_nfs on 2003/11/27 14:02:38
> >
> > 	Add the KGI code.
>
> I like the sound of this.  I've been working on the kdrive X Server
> recently, and one of the things we need is card and mode initialization
> from some source (vesa or fbdev on linux).  I'd concluded that FreeBSD
> would have to live with using the vesa kernel module to do that, but it
> sounds like KGI should do much more of what we want.

Things are pretty rough. This came directly from nsouch@ and he's
been glueing against syscons. The first thing I need to do is cut
through the various layers of glue and have a low-level console
that uses the graphics drivers and is fully newbusified. Then I
need to rebuild the terminal emulation on top of that...