Date:      Fri, 23 May 2008 11:13:12 +0200
From:      "cflists@helinet.de" <cflists@helinet.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building enlightenment-devel fails

Hi All,

I'm running a FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE and after a portupgrade building
enlightenment-devel fails with following error.

--snip--
libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/local/lib/libecore_dbus.la'
or unhandled argument `/usr/local/lib/libecore_dbus.la'
gmake[3]: *** [enlightenment] Error 1
--snip--

I googled this problem an found this

--snip--
This removes the DBUS check for ecore. Since ecore does not appear to
link against any other DBUS port, it is not necessary. In addition
enlightenment-devel will not build if ecore does not have DBUS enabled
due to a dependency on Ecore_DBus.h in e.h. A better way is welcome.
--snip--

The attached patch doesn't solve the problem as I dunno know which
Makefile to patch. "/usr/ports/x11/ecore/Makefile" doesn't exist on my
machine, only "/usr/ports/x11/ecore-desktop".

This was not the first problem with the upgrade. As ports/UPDATING said
on 20080312 ecore and evas have been splitted. After uninstalling and
clean reinstalling all e-related packages now problems with
libcore_dbus.la occure.

Please excuse my probably stupid questions here, but I'm relatively new
to FreeBSD and try to fix most of my problems by myself. But in here im
stuck.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Many greetings from Germany,

Christoph