Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:40:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Stoner <johnstoner2@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org
Subject:   FAQ and a "no such file or directory" message

I've looked all over and I can't seem to find a FAQ
for cvsweb, or much doc. If anyone knows of a FAQ,
please direct me to it. (Actually, it would probably
be a good idea to put a link on the subscription page
for this list.)

So pardon me if this is an obvious question. I am
pretty new to CVS and entirely new to cvsweb.

I have just set up my repository on my webserver,
outside my webserver docroot. I have put cvsweb.cgi in
a cgi-bin directory, set $config to point to my
cvsweb.conf file, and set CVSrepostories thus:

@CVSrepositories = (
        'local'   => ['Local Repository',
'/home/sites/site10/users/jstoner/proj'],
);

when I hit the cvsweb script, I get an error page,
saying

  Error: cvs/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi: no such file or
directory

I'm pretty sure I have the right CVSROOT. I'm going
directly to the cgi itself, with no extra path info
(and when I put in extra path info, I get other
problems.)

I also think the contents of my repository are
readable to my webserver. They are world-readable.

Are there any setup steps I missed? What can I be
doing wrong? And if there's a better place for me to
ask this kind of question, where is it?