Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2017 10:00:56 -0700
From:      Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
Subject:   sendmail check_rcpt reports in daily run output

Recently upgraded an old server to 10.3, sendmail 8.15.2

The daily run output now shows numerous rejected mail hosts for check_rcpt
addresses at the domain on which it is running, e.g.:
Checking for rejected mail hosts:
   2 550 check_rcpt some-valid-user@dreamchaser.org zen.spamhaus.org
   2 550 check_rcpt some-valid-alias@dreamchaser.org zen.spamhaus.org
   1 553 check_rcpt 6090603@dreamchaser.org exist

The domain in the message, (the destination) is clean at spamhaus.org.
Mail is being delivered in general.
Some mail was rejected via spamhaus.org due to the originating domain,
but that's not the issue here -- the domain indicated is the destination.
Why would I get messages indicating a rejection from spamhaus for a
domain it does not consider a problem?

It appears as if the daily run output may be listing the destination domain
instead of the source?

I have the following FEATUREs set:
  FEATURE(access_db, `hash -o -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access')
  FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)
  FEATURE(local_lmtp)
  FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')
  FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')
  FEATURE(dnsbl, `zen.spamhaus.org')
  FEATURE('delay_checks')
  FEATURE(`ratecontrol', `nodelay', `terminate')
  FEATURE(`conncontrol', `nodelay', `terminate')

I tried reconfiguring without the delay_checks, ratecontrol and conncontrol
features, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Can anyone give me some hints about what is going on?

Thanks,

Gary