Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2001 23:34:23 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        <nisimura@io.ocn.ne.jp>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD2.2.8 cannot  work with 80GB IDE HDD.

Yes.  You can attempt to backport the 3.5.1 wd driver to 2.2.8 but if you need
80GB on 2.2.8 then you would be better off using an Adaptec SCSI adapter and
an 80GB SCSI drive.  (or two 40GB IDE drives in a ccd, since it seems as
though that worked for you)

Note of course that 2.2.8 is full of security holes, you should not be using
this version on the public Internet.