Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 07:27:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@nike.efn.org>
To:        Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
Cc:        Developer <dev@fgate.flevel.co.uk>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PLEASE HELP - PROBLEM WITH NIS

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Bill Paul wrote:

> - Somehow, yp_mkdb is broken. You can test this by running yp_mkdb -c
>   manually. Start ypserv with the -d flag to see debug messages, then
>   run yp_mkdb -c from another session; ypserv should tell you when the
>   YPPROC_CLEAR message is received.

thank you for this hit...  I decided to take a look at /var/yp/Makefile
(as I was having this same problem)... and found that yp_mkdb was not
being run with the -c flag... I simply added that and now it all works as
it should...  just for your information I'm running 960801-SNAP...  thanks
for your words of advise... ttyl...

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/
Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)