Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:55:18 -0500
From:      Brian Roberts <ch@shot1.org>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   irc

Hello all,

A long time ago (96ish) I used Mirc for a while to communicate with some friends, since then everyone has moved to aolim, icq or yahooim.  I keep hearing that there is a wealth of info and supports for opensource apps on irc so im going to have a try at it again.

I havee a few questions....

Is it worth it?
Can anyone suggest a good app to use?  Im fairly comfortable in a shell environment.
Also, anyone have a prefered how-to?  I googled a bunch, but they seem to be app specific.

Thanks in advance.
Brian