Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 1997 20:53:07 +0100 (MET)
From:      Patrik Faltstrom <paf@swip.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        delphys@bunyip.com
Subject:   ThinkPad 370c?

I just want to check if anyone have been able to run FreeBSD and XFree86
on an IBM ThinkPad 370c?

I have been playing with the 2.2-PAO-Beta code, and that might be the
problem?  If anyone of you think so, please let me know.  I will check
with 2.1.6 tomorrow (monday).

Anyway...

I have managed to get the console working, and the XF86_SVGA server to
start when telling it it is the right chipset etc.

BUT, the keyboard does not work, and neither the mouse, when in X-mode.
I can type some characters, but not more than that. The characters are
also just crap. I know it is an XT keyboard etc etc and the solution might
be that the current XFree86 server together with FreeBSD 2.2 can not
handle those keyboards?

pcvt works by the way.

What I have done is (these are the things I think have been important):

Kernel configuration:

  device vt0 at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector point
  options "PCVT_FREEBSD=210"
  optins  XSERVER
  options "PCVT_SCANSET=2"
  options XT_KEYBD
  device psm0 at isa? port "IO_KBD" conflicts tty irq 12 vector psmintr

XF86 configuration:

  Keyboard protocol: "Standard"
  Xkbkeycodes "xfree86"
  XkbTypes "default"
  XkbSymbols "en_US(pc101)+se"   # It is a swedish keyboard, but I have
                                 # tried also with "general" US settings
  XkbGeometry "pc"

  Pointer protocol "PS/2"
  Pointer device   "/dev/psm0"