Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:49:59 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>
To:        remy@synx.com
Cc:        don@partsnow.com, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@hyperreal.org
Subject:   Re: *** Real Action Item: SPECweb

<lotsa disks, small partitions>
I saw that too. Remember, this event is going to be somewhat different
than my original challenge. This is raw horsepower, and I hve no doubt
that our numbers will be eclipsed as soon as somebody does an I2O
system. What I want to do is to grab the world's attention long enough
to show that we're a serious player, and then slam them with my original
Challenge, once they can't refuse without losing face. Remember,
exposure and good press is our goal!

The Novell system would be a stupid system from a real world viewpoint.
I wonder if there's actually something in the SPECweb benchmark that
will prevent us from just loading the whole test website in a RAM disk.
[Brian?]