Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 2014 08:35:51 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erich@alogt.com>
To:        jerry@seibercom.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to build kde-workspace

Hi,

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 13:27:02 -0500
"Jerry" <jerry@seibercom.net> wrote:

> > > Due to this problem, I am halfway through updating KDE4.
> > > Unfortunately, now I cannot even start KDE, so I have a serious
> > > problem.
> > >

> > you can avoid this problem in the future by using a tool like
> > portupgrade
> and
> > by installing simple window manager like blackbox.
> >
> > Even if your KDE would be gone, you still would be able to use X.
>
> I used "portmaster" although I usually use "portupgrade". Building
> manually though does not fix the problem.

I know. Just stay with portupgrade for the future. Always create
packages as a backup. So, you can always go back to the old version, no
matter what happens.

I would suggest that you try an older revision now. I was able to build
KDE with revision 342933. There should be newer revisions with which it
still will work.

Erich