Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:47:15 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SunOS & SPARC

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:40:58 +0100 (MET)
Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to run SunOS-binaries compiled on a SPARC on i386
> FreeBSD? Are there some kind of emulation program for this?

No, the "COMPAT_SUNOS" kernel option deals only with syscall (ABI)
compat. I'm not aware of any sparc emulation package. Your best bet
would be (if possible) to ssh/telnet/whathaveyou into a sparc box and
run the software there. Which program are you intending to run? Maybe
there's some opensource equivalent in the FreeBSD ports.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net
        GPG Public Key :: http://energyhq.homeip.net/files/pubkey.txt