Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:49:49 -0500
From:      "Yuri Victorovich" <yvictorovich@optima-hyper.com>
To:        "'Andrew Gallatin'" <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        <alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Problem booting Alpha AS1000A

> You've omitted several critical bits of info which might allow people
> to answer your question.
> a) what version of FreeBSD are you using
> b) what media are you attempting to boot from
FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE. Installed purely from boot floppy and ftp.FreeBSD.org.
I am booting from the first SCSI HD. It's one more SCSI drive installed.
Installation went w/out any problems.

> I'm going to guess you've just successfully installed and can't boot
> off the disk.  Did you put your root partition in "a" and make that
> the first parition on the disk?
Yes, "a" is the only partition. Fist slice there -- swap, second -- "/".

e sp gives: 1E (   R30) 0000000020044000
e ra gives: 1A (   R26) 0000000020000E24.

The last one as I understand is return address of the procedure that
crashed (?).

I booted the system from CDROM and than manually booted from HD -- no
problem. So only /boot/loader is a problem.

I guess the next step I will do -- will build debug version of loader
and will figure out the place in code.

Yuri.