Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2011 10:05:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard@gmail.com>
Cc:        perryh@pluto.rain.com, marek sal <marek_sal@wp.pl>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, milu@dat.pl
Subject:   Re: NFSv4 - how to set up at FreeBSD 8.1 ?

> On 7 January 2011 08:16, Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca> wrote:
>
> > When I said I recalled that they didn't do TCP because of excessive
> > overhead, I forgot to mention that my recollection could be wrong.
> > Also, I suspect you are correct w.r.t. the above statement. (ie.
> > Sun's
> > official position vs something I heard.)
> >
> > Anyhow, appologies if I gave the impression that I was correcting
> > your
> > statement. My intent was just to throw out another statement that I
> > vaguely recalled someone an Sun stating.
>
> After hitting yet another serious bug in 8.2 ; I reverted back to 8.1
>
> Interestingly, it now complains about having V4: / in /etc/exports

At one time the V4: line was required to be at the end of the /etc/exports
file. (You could consider that a bug left over from the OpenBSD port, where
it was a separate section of /etc/exports.) I removed that restriction from
mountd.c at some point, but maybe after 8.1.

So, try just moving the "V4:" line to the end of /etc/exports.

> NFSv4 isn't available in 8.1 ?

It should be there, rick