Date:      14 May 2001 18:28:18 +0100
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   UPDATE - Re: named in chroot + named-xfer dies

Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk> writes:

> May 14 16:46:15 server named[186]: named-xfer "domain.com"
> exited with signal 6
>
> I think that this is being caused by the chroot. Is there anything
> else that should be in libexec? Do I need any other files?

I think that my problem is because named-xfer requires libraries
because it is dynamically linked.

I now have two options, neither of which fill me with deep joy.

1. Compile named-xfer statically. Is this a good idea? If so, how do I
do it?

2. Copy all of the libraries into their path within
/home/named. Anyone know a way to find out what libraries a binary
requires to function?

Thanks,

--
- Wayne Pascoe