Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 22:40:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ben Black <black@zen.cypher.net>
To:        Kory Hamzeh <kory@avatar.com>
Cc:        Chris Browning <brownie@earthling.net>, Mr M P Searle <csubl@csv.warwick.ac.uk>, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quad Pro 150 motherboard?

and the point is that quad CPU boards are expensive because the demand
for them as anything but servers (and as servers too, really) IS ALMOST
NONEXISTENT.  look at all the extra costs of going from 2 to 4 CPUs on a
board: you can't fit all 4 on the mainboard, so dauthercards are
required, all schemes for this are proprietary.

so whether or not *you* can use it is not the issue.  the fact is you are
greatly in the minority and you know it.  think of yourself as the
exception that proves the rule.

b3n