Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:56:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@wxs.nl>
Subject:   HP Netserver LH Pro RAID logical disk

Hi,

I recently bought a HP Netserver LH Pro. It has a HP NetRAID controller
with 5 disks attached to it (4x 9.1GB + 1x 2GB, all hotswappable). So it
should have a total of 38GB of disk space.

But when I look in the HP NetRAID express tools (some sort of BIOS,
accessable at boot time) it says that the logical disk is 28GB. When I
install FreeBSD, fdisk also says that the size of the disk is 28GB. At
this time the machine is configured with RAID-5 (configured this way when
I bought it).

So my questions are where the other 10GB are, and is there a way to use
the total 38GB for FreeBSD? I don't know much about RAID configurations
(yet).

Thanks,

Marco

--
Dear Miss Manners:
	Please list some tactful ways of removing a man's saliva from

Gentle Reader:
	Please list some decent ways of acquiring a man's saliva on
your face ...