Date:      Fri, 07 Nov 2003 08:37:47 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade and PHP

--=-=-=

At 2003-11-07T11:46:21Z, Joan Picanyol <lists-freebsd-stable@biaix.org> wri=
tes:

> Mmmhh... How is this better than pkgtools.conf? Besides user friendliness,
> I _really_ prefer one central place for all my ports' settings...

That would be ideal, except that MAKE_ARGS has the ability (and tendency) to
grow without bound whenever you get the arguments to a few complex ports in
there.

Other than that, I like that I can (easily) comment out specific options
when debugging my setup.

Out of curiosity, since this thread has a few posters that seem to know
about pkgtools.conf: I use www/apache-mod_ssl but have to run pkgdb -F quite
often to fix ports that depend on www/apache.  I have this in my
pkgtools.conf:

  ALT_PKGDEP =3D {
    'apache-1.3.*' =3D> 'apache+mod_ssl-1.3.*'
  }

Any thoughts on why it wouldn't be handling the substitution automatically?
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser

"94 outdated ports on the box,
 94 outdated ports.