Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:25:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      HighWind Software Information <info@highwind.com>
To:        rotel@indigo.ie
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, jb@cimlogic.com.au
Subject:   HighWind products

>   > Seems to me that libc_r can call free() from within a signal handler.
>   > Given the non-recursive nature of this call, this is a serious
>   > problem:

>   Yeah, it does look like this, I don't think this is OK.
>   Perhaps you could wrap _thread_kern_sched with
>
>   #define free(x) do { if (scp == NULL) free(x); } while(0)
>
>   #undef free
>
>   and see if this improves things any.

Just an update:

The PR for this problem is still open and we believe this DOES need fixing.

---

However, our problems (after the accept() problem) had to do with our
use of "readdir()" instead of "getdirentries()". We got that fixed and
now we have Typhoon and Breeze WORKING on 3.0!!

Talk about a good test of the FreeBSD threads library. :-)

-Rob

ps.
	Need commercial USENET products? http://www.highwind.com/trial.html

--
"HighWind Software -- Expect the best, Deserve no less"