Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 02:24:41 -0600
From:      Henrik Hudson <lists@rhavenn.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD, X and 2 Monitors

Hey List-

I have a laptop on which I was going to try and run FreeBSD. When I am at
home I use an external monitor (via the docking station) and when I am on the
road I will of course be using the laptop display. My question, can one
configure both monitors into X and then will xdm recognize which monitor is
plugged in or being "used" in the case of the LCD laptop? better to just use
startx and pass some configs to it or something?

Potential OS: FreeBSD 4.4 Release
X: 4.1.0
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 8100 , Graphics: GeForce Go2
Standard docking station.

Is there anything else I should be worried about? Look into in regards to the
multiple monitors? I just don't want to "blow" either of them with a bad sync
rate, etc... :)

Thanks for any pointers!

Henrik
--