Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:40:14 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
To:        "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Matthew Grooms <mgrooms@shrew.net>
Subject:   Re: New Port and X11 Path

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2007, at 1:16 , Garrett Cooper wrote:
>
>>    Please read /usr/ports/UPDATING. There should be a reference to
>> the X11 upgrade that you need to note.
>
> But does that help with *packages* (not ports)?

1. Packages are (typically) built from ports; the only exceptions being
the system packages (base, src, usr.sbin, etc).
2. The /usr/X11R6 path / $X11BASE (sp?) variable was deprecated in favor
of using $LOCALBASE (sp?) when the X.org 7.2 update rolled around about
4 months ago.
3. Like I said, /usr/ports/UPDATING contains all of the details you need
about the changes. If you need more information please consult the
archives back in April/May.

-Garrett