Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:19:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        "D. Rock" <rock@wurzelausix.CS.Uni-SB.DE>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot single with new loader?

well theoretically being in read-only mode should be enough, as teh
transition to read-write should only READ the superblock again and pick up
the new flags..
That was not happenning at one stage, but I think that's what Luoqi's
changes are about..
at one stage the superblock was getting written to a RO FS which
is definitly wrong.. (and wiped out the Softupdates flags on the disk)

julian