Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2013 19:24:40 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        Alberto Villa <avilla@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Koop Mast <kwm@rainbow-runner.nl>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, kde-freebsd@kde.org
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] py27-pykde4-4.10.1

--m+utxuhC6KVTvgNz

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 07:14:36PM +0200, Alberto Villa wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 April 2013 19:08:14 Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> > OPTIONSFILE is built base on UNIQUENAME which is built which uses
> > PKGNAMEPREFIX.
> >=20
> > that is the reason.
>=20
> bsd.options.mk, line 194: the .if exists(${OPTIONSFILE}) tries to evaluat=
e=20
> (make(1) functions evaluate immediately, as you know), among other,=20
> PKGNAMEPREFIX, which is not yet set because bsd.python.mk is included at =
line=20
> 1424, while bsd.options.mk is included at line 1311 (speaking of bsd.port=
=2Emk).=20
> Thus, OPTIONSFILE is not included.
> This was the case with bsd.qt.mk, at least, so I suspect it's the same.

Yes that true, and it is because OPTIONSFILE was (before optionsng) and sti=
ll is
(with optionsng) built based on UNIQUENAME which is built base on PKGNAMEPR=
EFIX.
cf bsd.port.mk L1286

So bsd.python.mk (it is not the only one) setting PKGNAMEPREFIX makes UNIQU=
ENAME
not unique at all, first problem, it also make it changing meanng OPTIONSFI=
LE
is expanded a first time to load options when PKGNAMEPREFIX is not yet set =
and
expanded a second time (when saving options) and PKGNAMEPREFIX is now set.

bsd.options.mk can't anyway be loaded after bsd.port.pre.mk given that one =
may
want to provide a PYTHON option and will make it set USE_PYTHON=3Dyes for
example.

I don't know the right fix to be honnest. But UNIQUENAME not being UNIQUE i=
s a
real problem imho and OPTIONSFILE changing depending on being after pre.mk =
or
before pre.mk is another problem.

I don't know what came first between the bsd.*.mk changing the PKGNAMEPREFI=
X and
UNIQUENAME creation, but for sure one choice here hasn't been smart.

regards,
Bapt

--m+utxuhC6KVTvgNz

--m+utxuhC6KVTvgNz--