Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:21:35 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems in VM structure ?

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 12:19:07AM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
> :maxusers	256
>
>     Try reducing maxusers to 128.  Another person reported similar behavior
>     to me and after a bunch of work he tried going back to a basic
>     distribution -- and everything started working again.

To add some public informations.
The host in case was using 512Meg RAM and I have tested it with 256Meg.
I originaly installed a 3.0-CURRENT from mid December and updated
to a recent version after getting panics.
I used MAXUSERS of 512 and was able to trigger a panic during only a few minutes uptime
after reducing it to 256 the host was more stable.
Now it is running without any panics using MAXUSERS 128.

>     It turned out that a maxusers value of 256 and 512 were causing his machine
>     to go poof, but a maxusers value of 128 worked fine.
>
>     I haven't tracked the problem down yet.  Please try reducing your maxusers
>     to 128 and email the results to current.
>
> 						    -Matt

  B.Walter