Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 1996 02:22:39 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NO_PACKAGE and NO_CDROM

 * > Errr.  I'm sorry I totally forgot about it, I hate all those little
 * > port collections!  I wish we can merge them all together! :(
 *
 * Considering how small the ports collection is, I have nothing against
 * that idea at all.  Any no votes?

Last time I mentioned it, someone said it's the number of files that
affects the size of supscan, not the amount (in megabytes), and that
was the reason of the ports collection being split up.  I think it was
Rod that mentioned it.

I'm not exactly sure about the memory situation of freefall and what
the coeffecient (assuming it's a linear function) but I think the
trouble is a bit too much, having to update supfiles all over the
place every time we add something.

How's the memory for freefall doing these days?  Memory prices are
dropping very quickly these days, you can get 32MB of non-parity
memory for <$500 now! :)

Satoshi